human genomic DNA PCR

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:47:47 EST 1994

In article <ajwatson-170994133930 at simon1.bio.caltech.edu>,
ajwatson at romeo.caltech.edu (John Watson) wrote:

> Some other things else to consider:
[snip]

> (2)   are your control primers degenerate?  I've never tried degenerate PCR
> from mammalian genomic DNA, but I'd think long and hard about the target
> complexity.

although i didn't read the original post, i'd just like to add that i've
never done degenerat PCR from mammalian genomic DNA, but i have done it
from C. elegans, and from fungal (C. neoformans and C. albicans) and it
works...sort of.  in this case, you have to play around with template,
primer, dNTP and Taq concentrations, as well as reaction times and temps.
much more than with more straightforward (if such a thing can be said to
exist) PCR.

eric
--
*Of course it's not true...         *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110