what's the best way to clone PCR products?

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 21 17:06:26 EST 1994

Hello netted molecular biologists,

When cloning PCR products, what are some of the techniques you've used?
I have experience digesting products with restriction sites at the ends
and also have experience using the Pharmacia sureclone kit.  However, I
wouldn't say either is my favorite, each takes its own steps.

For blunt end cloning, anyone use any different kits that work well or
have a home recipe for Klenow/T4 pol polishing of the ends?

Post your current favorite method here for all to read!

thanks,

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.