2-D protein gels

Chutney devitta at uk.ac.birmingham
Wed Sep 21 05:55:29 EST 1994

In article <1994Sep19.125151.27207 at alw.nih.gov>, Jim Owens
<jow at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

> I am thinking of using 2-D electrophoresis to examine differences between
> two strains of mice under two sets of conditions.  My experience with
> protein gels ended about 15 years ago.  Could some kind soul suggest some
> references (books or articles) that could give me guidance in how to
> proceed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Owens

The best way of learning is to be taught by some one who is using this
procedure.  There are definitely people in NIH who do 2D gels, both IEF
and NEPHGE, so I'd try and find them.  Try the Immunology and Infectious
disease sections.  Otherwise there are a number of references and text
books which your library must keep.