Fuji film sensitivity loss

g_watson at icrf.icnet.uk g_watson at icrf.icnet.uk
Wed Sep 21 05:06:08 EST 1994

Hi Netters
	We seem to be having a problem with the sensitiviy of our new batch of
Fuji film.  We use their RX film  ID No 036010.  Last nights autorad was just
about clear even though it gave good (Stonking) counts on the monitor.  Past
experience with the isotope (35S) and Fuji film lead us to hope for a much
better result.  Two seprerate gels, run by different people gave this result.
	The problem seems to be with EM No 12519 (Whatever EM means) The K No
is 10018 (Whatever K means).  Anyway the EM number and the K Number are the
only ones that differ between the old and the new batch of film.
	Of course the old batch could have been excetional :-).  It's EM number
is 11607 while it's K No is 10308 (yes its smaller for the newer  batch?).
	Tonight we are setting up an exposure of an old gel with the new film
to compare directly the sensitivities, but I just wondered if anyone else has
experienced any such problems?
/sig