RT-PCR GAP in HL-60

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Fri Sep 23 20:09:23 EST 1994

Janet E. Rubin (jrubi02 at unix.cc.emory.edu) wrote:
: Can anyone help us with our RT-PCR problem?  We have GAP
: primers that work perfectly well in rat and mouse - and in fact were
: suggested by a  BioTechniques article because they were
: supposed to read  human as well.  However, despite being able
: to RT-PCR other things from HL-60 cells, our GAP primers do not
: work, at all (no band).  So the question is, is GAP wierd in HL-60
: cells (has anyone else RT'd GAP without problems?), any
: suggestions for good primers for housekeeping-ish genes in this
: cell line?

: Thanks in advance (or previously as someone once wrote).

--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_