LA PCR

Nancy Templeton nstemple at CRL.COM
Fri Sep 23 17:38:32 EST 1994

	We are trying LA (long and accurate) PCR of genomic DNA.  We have been
successful at some genomic loci and not others.  What should we try on loci
that are difficult?  We are using accurate primers that should amplify the
region of interest.
	Also we have noticed possible amplification product when run on a
low percentage agarose gel (0.4%); however, this product will not migrate
out of the wells.  We have tried various methods (i.e. SDS,
heating, etc.) to resolve this problem to no avail!!
	Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!