cDNA Challenge*************

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Sat Sep 24 15:55:30 EST 1994

Dear Molbionetters,
I have been using the Perkin Elmer RNA PCR kit to make cDNA from my Total
RNA samples. My RNA is in good condition and has been DNase treated. I
follow the protocol in GeneAMP kit and yet achieve no cDNA's. My
concentration of RNA is 200ng. As this is being done in a procaryotic
system, I am using random hexamers for cDNA synthesis. The time of
synthesis is 15 minutes at 42C. The dNTP concentration is 1mM. Anybody
that has any recomendations as to how I can improve this reaction , I
would be grateful to.
Thanks a milion,
cheers

--