Taq left at RT - gulp! -

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Sep 27 20:54:53 EST 1994

>Geez what a boo-boo...
>Accidentally left Taq out (covered though) at 25C for 24hr!!!
>Primers, buffersw, etc as well...
>Has anyone been foolhardy enough to have done this as well?
>Should I expect serious problems using this in the future?  Or
>just chuck it all out?
>
>--
>Mark E. Siddall                "I don't mind a parasite...
>mes at vims.edu                    I object to a cut-rate one"
>Virginia Inst. Marine Sci.                     - Rick
>Gloucester Point, VA, 23062

Should not be a problem

In another life when we sexed cattle embryos on the farm I left taq with
primers etc in the back of a station wagon for 3 days.  In the Australian
sun this can translate up to 70*C during the day and down to 10*C at night.

For fun we ran the samples and they amplified fine.

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus Matthaei
Head, Gene Targeting                            |           |
The John Curtin School of Medical Research      |  _--_|\   |
The Australian National University              | /      \  |
Snail mail: Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia       | \_.--._/<<|
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au               |       v   |
Landline: 61 6 249 3782
                        "Sometimes I'm the Louisville slugger"
                        "Sometimes I'm the Ball"