Reverse Northern Blot?

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:31:13 EST 1994

Sounds like you want to do the hybridization part of a nuclear run-on.

Check protocol books for procedures on nuclear run-ons.  The most
imoprtant part of the procedure is to do a long hybridization, don't
shorten the time.
Of course, it's also nice if you spot a bunch of control plasmids on the
membrane just for fun!  Things like unrelated plasmids, non-plasmid DNA,
housekeeping clones, then the cDNAs that you are interested in.  Keep the
spots small!  Use a miniblotter if you have one. Otherwise, spot small
volumes, let dry, spot more, let dry.

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice..