DNA-affinity columns

Joanne Tornow jtornow at whale.st.usm.edu
Tue Sep 27 15:11:51 EST 1994

Hello, all:

We want to prepare specific DNA-affinity columns as part of a protein purification protocol. We have a double-stranded oligonucleotide with sticky ends (so it can be ligated into multimers), and are looking for a protocol for linking it to a resin. Any tried-and-true procedures out there to make a column that gives reasonably good yields of protein (enough for Coomassie-stained gels and possibly microsequencing)? Thanks for your help. Answers can either be posted to the newsgroup or sent to my e-mail address.