Taq left at RT - gulp! -

Brett Beitzel brett_beitzel at msmtp.idde.saci.org
Tue Sep 27 09:16:08 EST 1994

In article <Cwrs37.GKK at zoo.toronto.edu> Mark Siddall, mes at zoo.toronto.edu
writes:
>Geez what a boo-boo...
>Accidentally left Taq out (covered though) at 25C for 24hr!!!
>Primers, buffersw, etc as well...
>Has anyone been foolhardy enough to have done this as well?
>Should I expect serious problems using this in the future?  Or
>just chuck it all out?

I accidentally left some Taq out for 5 days at RT once (don't ask why.)
We were able to use the Taq successfully afterwards, but the people at PE
recommended checking the nucleotides, as they were the most likely to
have gone bad (we just trashed the nucleotides and got some more.)

Brett Beitzel
brett_beitzel at msmtp.idde.saci.org
Cancer Therapy and Research Center
San Antonio, TX

"It is not from space that I must seek my dignity, but from the
government of my thought.  I shall have no more if I possess worlds.  By
space the universe encompasses and swallows me up like an atom; by
thought I comprehend the world." - Blaise Pascal