Where to get shrimp alk. phosphatase?

NICHOLAS THEODORAKIS ntheo at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Sep 28 12:51:20 EST 1994

In article <aquilla.1131149416A at sadye.emba.uvm.edu>,
Tracy Aquilla <aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu> wrote:
>Help! Where can I buy shrimp alkaline phosphatase? Thanks.

United States Biochemical
Cat# 70092  $55 for 1000 U (1994 catalog)

I have no affiliation with USB or its parent company, etc., blah blah...

I tried it once, then went back to using CIAP, followed by inactivation
with Prot K and SDS, spun column, etc.  It seems to me CIAP works better
(my kinased probes seemed hotter after phosphatasing with CIAP vs. SAP),
but this wasn't a well controlled experiment, just a gut feeling.  Maybe
somebody else in the lab left the SAP too long on the bench or something.

			Nick Theodorakis
			ntheo at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
			Johns Hopkins Medical School, Baltimore, MD