Taq left at RT - gulp! -

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 07:52:57 EST 1994

In article: <Cwrs37.GKK at zoo.toronto.edu>  mes at zoo.toronto.edu (Mark Siddall) writes:

> Geez what a boo-boo...
> Accidentally left Taq out (covered though) at 25C for 24hr!!!
> Primers, buffersw, etc as well...
> Has anyone been foolhardy enough to have done this as well?
> Should I expect serious problems using this in the future?  Or
> just chuck it all out?

Taq on its own in storage buffer is stable for at least 6 months at
room temperature and 1 month at 37C. Don't panic too much. Buffers
appear OK at RT for umpteen months. Primers should be OK O/N.

Panic is when you leave 2 million units of Nci I out accidently over
the weekend at RT not even in storage buffer. That was real panic!
However it was fine!

Duncan
Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
G4ELJ                               | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com