Li-cor DNA-Sequencer

Bill Oetting DGM-IHG bill at lenti.med.umn.edu
Wed Sep 28 12:43:53 EST 1994

Lawrence Washington (lwashing at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu) wrote:
I have been using the LI-COR DNA sequencer for over 3 years.  We use it
for direct sequencing of PCR amplification products and plasmids and for
STRP linkage analysis.  I have found the sequencer to be both reliable
having a very good signal to noise ratio.  A real advantage to the LI-COR
machine to the other sequencers is the autoradiogram-like image that the
LI-COR produces.  For sequencing large numbers of individuals we will
load all the As, Ts etc. together and look for the odd band.  (see
Electrophoresis 1994, vol. 15 159-164)  For STRP anaylsis, we are able to
multiplex 4 markers and get good banding patterns.  We use RFLPscan from
Scanalytics for determining the number and size of the alleles.  This
information then goes into the LINKAGE programs via the software
Cyrillic.  If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at-
bill at lenti.med.umn.edu.

Bill Oetting
Department of Medicine
Univeristy of Minnesota