are there rat specific primers available

Henry Simpkins snikpmis at ASTRO.OCIS.TEMPLE.EDU
Thu Sep 29 09:51:05 EST 1994

We have rat/rat cell hybrids which we wish to analyse to see if they are
true cell hybrids by doing CA repeats on them. But the problem is
that we do not know of any primers that are specific for rats. we tried
using a few human primers but got a lot of non specific banding. I looked into
DNA fingerprinting with random primers but it seems to give a number of
bands instead of a few specific bands. please let me know if there is
some other way I could also analyse these cells.