Phosphoroimagers vs Instantimager Experiences Saught

Roland J Saldanha rsaldanh at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 30 17:19:33 EST 1994

We are considering purchasing a phosphorimager or Beta imager specifically the
Packard Instantimager.  We have mostly had continuous exposure to a Betagen
Beta imager and are most familiar with it.  I would be very grateful for
comments positive & negative about the BIO-RAD phosphorimager, the Molecular
Dynamics Phosphorimager, & the Packard Instantimager.  I am most interested in
general satisfaction with the product, reliability, ease of use, cost of
maintenance (screens, optical backup devices etc for the phosphorimagers),
product support & service etc.

I will post a summary of the information should I garner enough and there is
interest.

Roland