Immunoaffinity Columns

RoundUp Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se
Fri Sep 30 06:03:04 EST 1994

Emma,
The ratio between ligand and gel is rather crusial since you might get
over coupling if you use to little of the ligand. This means that a lot
of ag binding sites might get bound to the matrix. When we do couplings
we try to keep the ratio as close to 1:2 as possible, and dont forgett
the blocking of unbound sites after the coupling. After coupling we check
the coupling solution for protein content and reactivity with secondary
antibody on a dot blot, it might be a good idea to do this with a sample
of the gel after blocking unbound sites also to check the binding.
Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se, Plant biochemistry, Lund University

"I was afraid of a united Church;it makes a mighty power,
 the mightiest conceivable, and then when it by-and-by
 gets into selfish hands, as it is always bound to do,
 it means death to human liberty,and paralysis to human thought"
                 Mark Twain