Phosphor Imager

pramm at spartan.ac.brocku.ca pramm at spartan.ac.brocku.ca
Mon Apr 3 12:33:16 EST 1995

Each of the three major phosphor imager manufacturers claim their own set of strengths and weaknesses.
The MD machines have large plate sizes.  The Fuji machines claim higher sensitivity and better optical
quality.  BioRad can perform chemiluminescence using their plate formulation, but the plates are a pain to
handle.

There is no single best machine.  Evaluate your dealer, price, imaging requirements, and software needs
before selecting.  We have three Fuji machines here, and our software makes them by far the most flexible
devices available.  However, we also have people using our software with the MD and BioRad instruments,
and other people have reported that they are satisfied with BioRad's or MD's software.

Peter Ramm
Imaging Research Inc.
Brock University
St. Catharines, Ontario