AGAIN: promoter/intron-exon/TF people-- WHERE ARE YOU??

Heidi Moss hmmoss at MAIL.MED.CORNELL.EDU
Mon Apr 3 18:33:53 EST 1995

Based on the replies I obtained, it is my understanding that there are
many people out there with requests for this type of information. (Thanks
to the few who gave me feedback -- the "replies requesting for copies
of my replies" exceeded the number of actual informational replies I received!)
Thus, I decided to repeat my previous message (with some additions):

This is a very generic request, but I figured why not seek advice from
everyone??
I have been working on genomic clones (isolated from a lambda dashII
genomic library) of novel human IL2-induced genes (just FYI -- I am more
interested in BASIC promoter analysis/intron-exon analysis/transcription
factor information. Even if you work in a different area or with a different
organism, your advice is useful!!)
After laboring for many months, I think I finally have the full genomic
clone and located the promoter region. After sequencing, I plan to make
luciferase constructs for assaying promoter activity. In addition, I would
like to do some intron-exon analysis, AS WELL as transcription factor/DNA
binding/enhancer and all of those other regulatory goodies. Here are my
questions:

1) SOURCES, PAPERS, PEOPLE, ETC.-- as you can tell, I am a novice. Any
advice on good BOOKS, PAPERS, people, etc would be appreciated. Medline
is driving me crazy. I am not good at being selective.

2) What is the best method for finding intron/exon bounderies?

3) Is there anything better than the transcription factor database for
analyzing my promoter sequences?

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance!!

--Heidi