Critique of Expression Cloning in Xenopus (Need Info!)

Samuel C. Blackman scb1 at woodlawn.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 4 09:57:41 EST 1995

I was wondering if anyone could point me to (or provide me with) any
criticisms or critiques of expression cloning using Xenopus oocytes.
I've read Dascal's thorough review in CRC Critical Reviews in Biochemistry
(22(4):317-387,1987), but it's 8 years old.  I'd appreciate it if someone
could provide me with any up-to-date info or cites (for example, concerns
about the accuracy of post-translational modifications in expressed proteins
vs. native proteins, changes in 2nd messgr. couplings ins expressed vs.
native, etc.).

In addition, if anyone knows of a citation for a more recent review of this
technique, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help!!

-- Sam

Samuel C. Blackman        ! InterNet : scb1 at midway.uchicago.edu
MD/PhD 2/7 (Pharmacology) ! Disclaimer : Who cares what I say, I'm a student!
5513 S. Cornell Ave. #1   ! Quote : I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.
Chicago, IL  60637-1914   ! Phone : 312/752-1082 (h)  Fax: 312/996-1225