DNA restriction mapping programs

C. Douglas Hershberger cdh at uic.edu
Tue Apr 4 07:32:44 EST 1995

   We are currently having problems with DNA strider v 1.0.  We use
strider to generate restriction maps from sequence data. But recently it
has been crashing our computer, which is a powermac 6100/60.  All we
really need is a program which takes sequence and creates a restriction
map based on that sequence. Does anyone know of some good programs
available for cheap or free that will do this as well as strider?  I have
heard that a new version of strider is available, but do not know where to
get it.  My apologies if this is in some FAQ somewhere but I didn't see
any mention of this topic in the FAQ for this newsgroup and this seemed
like the most appropriate group to ask.  Thanks             -Doug

"The  race  is  not  always  to  the       C. Douglas Hershberger
 swift, nor the battle to the strong.      U38483 at uicvm.uic.edu
 But  that's   the   way   to   bet"       Just Muff to you and me