Wax beads

4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu 4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Wed Apr 5 11:37:23 EST 1995

>> In article <3lcibn$bv4 at news.acns.nwu.edu>, jkh141 at nwu.edu wrote:
>>
>> > Does anyone sell cheap wax beads for hot-starting PCR?  I
>> > tried Histo embedding wax beads, but I had to chop them up with
>> > a razor blade and wasn't keen on this potential source of
>> > contamination.

I vaguely remember a post on this topic, they said that parafin used for
canning worked really well. They melted it, put it in a water bath and
just used a pipet to transfer some to the pcr tube. I don't recall who
posted this.

You can search the archives if you have access to gopher, the site is
net.bio.net. Use wax as a keyword, I think you'll find a lot a posts.

-- Gina