Luciferase experiments Help!!!!

Tina Van Dyk vandyk at esvax.dnet.dupont.com
Thu Apr 6 09:29:23 EST 1995

In article <Reon.3.2F83D793 at INFRUIT1.AGRIC.ZA>, Reon at INFRUIT1.AGRIC.ZA
(Reon Brand ) wrote:

> Anyone out there ever used decanal (n-decyl aldehyde) as a substrate for
> luciferase? I've got the stuff, but don't know how to use it. I also cannot
> find any articles that are usefull.

We use nonanal rather than decanal.  It is a liquid and hence easy to add
directly to medium.  Nonanal is a good substrate for the luciferase from
Vibrio harveyi, Vibrio fischeri and Xenorhabdus luminescens (see Meighen.
1991. Microbiological Reviews. 55: 123-142)

Tina Van Dyk
DuPont Co.
Environmental Biotechnology
vandyk at esvax.dnet.dupont.com