Promega's dNTP's

Brick Ayola abrick at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Wed Apr 12 14:19:21 EST 1995

On Wed, 12 Apr 1995, PJOB wrote:
> Do you have the lot number of the bad batch?  Please post if you do!

On a similar note, I had problems with dNTP's from Pharmacia. PCR results
would be negative if a stock soln containing all 4 dNTP's were used, but
for some reason was OK if each dNTP was added separately. I noticed in
Perkin-Elmer's PCR protocol that they recommend adding each dNTP
separately or a *freshly* made dNTP mix. What happens to a dNTP mix
stored long term? Does it increase degradation or spontaneously
self-assemble? If so why not individual dNTP's?
Luck&GrantMoney,
Brick