Lipofectin vs Lipofectamine

Dave Bates dobates at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 12 19:03:40 EST 1995

In article <3mgqpl$47c at cisunix1.dfci.harvard.edu>
Matthew Frosch <frosch at dsg.harvard.edu> writes:

> I am interested in other people's experience with these two GIBCO
> reagents for transfections.  What have others found in comparison of
> these liposome reagents?
> I am specifically interested in using them to transfect primary cultures
> of neurons -- does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Matthew Frosch
> Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital

The efficiency of Lipofectamnine is double that of lipofectin in our
hands in endothelial cells. And it's cheaper (it comes as 2mg and we
use 10ug/ml)

-
Dave Bates PhD                                     Tel: 916 752-7081
Postdoctoral Researcher                            Fax: 916 758-2554
Dept of Human Physiology                         email:
dobates at ucdavis.edu
University of California at Davis                drink: anything
Davis, California 95616, USA            No I don't have a sense of
humour
                                                now buy me a beer