Photodocumentation

Christopher B. Yohn cyohn at scripps.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:20:27 EST 1995

In article <vkapur-1204951032040001 at x245-48.open.umn.edu>,
vkapur at gold.tc.umn.edu (Vivek Kapur) wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am interested in any opinions/suggestions for digital photocumentation
> equipment and software for both UV and white light photograpy.  Our needs
> are simple -- we want the best quality and the lowest price!  Since we
> will be using the system rather heavily (>50 prints a day), we would like
> the price of the prints to be low.

Check out NIH-Image, available by anonymous ftp to:
   ftp://zippy.nimh.nih.gov//pub/nih-image

The price is definitely right (free!) and the software is better than many
commercial packages.  The documentation (also available at the above site)
contains info on hardware requirements and set up.

--
Christopher B. Yohn  [cyohn at scripps.edu]
The Scripps Research Institute