Carrier for EtOH precipitation: oligo-polyacrilamide?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Apr 14 11:49:28 EST 1995

 In article <9504141116.AA12232 at yl05hp.tb.noda.sut.ac.jp>
 ohba at YL05HP.TB.NODA.SUT.AC.JP (Hiroyoshi Ohba) writes:

| For ethanol precipitation of DNA fragments, I have been using 1
| microgram of glycogen as a carrier.  However, someone suggested that such
| amount of glycogen reduces 30% of activity of ligase.  If I like to avoid
| this reduction, I should use oligo-polyacrilamide instead.  How can I make
| this and how should I use this in EtOH ppt?

Don't buy this stuff. Just follow the directions in this paper:

@article{Gaillard1990,
author = "C. Gaillard
     and F. Strauss",
title = "Ethanol precipitation of DNA with linear
polyacrylamide as carrier",
journal = "Nucleic Acids Res.",
volume = "18",
number = "2",
pages = "378",
comment = "EtOH precipitations of DNA with linear polyacrylamide",
year = "1990"}