RE (MspI) Digestion of PCR Products

Martin Leach leach at bu.edu
Sun Apr 16 20:06:35 EST 1995

HI,

I remember looking at polymorphic sequences using ASO (allele specific
oligonucleotide) hybridization. We were using a TMAC (tetra-methyl ammonium
chloride) style hybridization / washing procedure (i believe maniatis now has an
entry on this).

Using this technique we could detect homo/hetero zygotes on a slot blot of PCR
products,  for polymorphishms in the prion gene..

for more info see: (number or 2 or 5 - sorry don't have the paper handy..if these
don't mention it they should have a reference to it..I think J. Collinge published a
paper later on in Nature looking at sporadic CJD and polymorphic sequences..)

2.M. Poulter, H.F. Baker, C.D. Frith, M. Leach et. al. (1992). Inherited Prion
              Disease With 144 Base Pair Gene Insertion I: Genealogical and
Molecular Studies. Brain 115: 675-685.

           3.F. Owen, M. Poulter, J. Collinge, M. Leach et. al. (1991). Insertions
in the Prion
              Protein Gene in Atypical Dementias. Experimental Neurology 112:
240-242.

           5.J. Collinge, F. Owen, M. Poulter, M. Leach et. al. (1990). Prion
Dementia
              Without Characteristic Pathology. Lancet 336: 7-9

ciao
Martin

....             Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
   _|_______      Dept. of Pharmacology       Phone: (617) 638-5323
   /  o    /      Boston Univ. School of Med. Fax:   (617) 638-4329
 _/   |-  /__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
(TURBODOZER) \_   Boston MA 02118            "Not the old underpants
                  USA                         on your head....WIBBLE
                                             " -BLACKADDER
My home page: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech Company WWW registry: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html