I need help on Ligations

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Mon Apr 17 21:40:14 EST 1995

>yeah, Jennifer, but I checked the B/M catalog and it said that I did not
>need to have extra bases. As such, I designed my primer without an extra
>base. live and Learn right??? So to all, what do I do now.. If truly, the
>NcoI is not cutting then I am SOL. Any hints...

You could: blunt the PCRs with T4 DNAP, Ligate them together into a high
MW mass, then cut with NcoI. A good portion of the new fragments will be cut
where you expected. Anyways, I don't think this is your problem.
See my previous post on this subject.

Brett Lindenbach

Lucille P. Markey Student in Human Pathobiology
Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu