Competitive PCR with internal control

Bert Gold gold at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Mon Apr 17 12:09:45 EST 1995

chukins (@fs1.ho.man.ac.uk) wrote:
: Despite the wide use of competitive PCR for mRNA quantitation , many
: people still regard the method in a rather suspicious way.
: I am looking for  good references with strong convincing argument for the
: validation of the usefulness and accuracy of mRNA quantitation using
: competitive PCR with internal control. Can anyone help ?

You probably want to order the booklet entitled "Quantitative RT-PCR",
by Clontech Laboratories, Inc., 4030 Fabian Way, Palo Alto, California,
94303-4607.  (415) 424-1064 or (800) 662-CLON.  It is chock full of
references for you.  You could also look up my friend, Carol Brenner,
who has just taken a position at Faulkner Hospital and Harvard Medical
School in Boston, and who was among the inventors of quantitative PCR
when she was in the laboratory of Zena Werb at UCSF.

Sincerely,

Bert Gold