FREE abstracts from protocols book

GRIFFINHG hugh.griffin at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 05:32:05 EST 1995

Several people have asked me about the new book MOLECULAR BIOLOGY:
CURRENT INNOVATIONS AND FUTURE TRENDS. (A.M. Griffin and H.G. Griffin,
Editors.) I am pleased to say that this book is now available. The
book constitutes volume 1 of the new series Current Innovations in Molecular
Biology from Horizon Scientific Press. The aim of the book is to provide
readers with an overview of current protocols and applications in molecular
biology. I hope that many of the topics covered in the book will be of interest
to this newsgroup. A Table of Contents is provided below. Please contact me by
email at HUGH.GRIFFIN at BBSRC.AC.UK if you would like me to send you a copy of
the chapter abstracts. A limited number of free copies of the book are
available for book reviewers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface
Contents
List of Contributors
1.	Recent Advances in PCR Methodology.
	Michael P. Weiner, Tim Gackstetter, Gina L. Costa, John C. Bauer,
	and Keith A. Kretz
2.	Thermal Cycle Sequencing.
	Keith A. Kretz
3.	Mini-Prep Plasmid DNA Isolation and Purification using Silica-Based
	Resins.
	Paul N. Hengen
4.	Gel Electrophoresis of DNA and Proteins: Recent Advances in Theory
	and Practical Applications.
	Branko Kozulic
5.	Pulsed Field Gel Electrophoresis.
	Alexander Kolchinsky and Roel Funke
6.	Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection.
	Stephan Beck
7.	An Improved Subtractive Hybridization Method using Phagemid
	Vectors.
	Christian E. Gruber and Wu-Bo Li
8.	Oligoribonucleotides: Theory and Synthesis.
	Ravi Vinayak
9.	Isoelectric Focusing of Proteins by Capillary Electrophoresis.
	Tom Pritchett
10.	DNA and Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass
	Spectrometry.
	Ivo G. Gut and Stephan Beck