33P How does it work?

Klaus Salger salger at wap18.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 20 16:46:49 EST 1995

Kirk Bartholomew (kbarthol at moose.uvm.edu) wrote:
: 	I've seen a number of advertisments for 33P nucleotides in the
: past few months. Is anybody using this stuff?  Does it work as well as
: 35S.  Post to this news group and I will compile a summary.

We use 33P for sequencing and differential display in our department.
It gives stronger signals than 35S (overnight exposure) but doesn't
radiate as strong as 32P. It's especially no problem to use 33P in
PCR reactions because it doesn't go through plastic tubes as 35S does.
So the cycler isn't contaminated.

Cheers
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany