33P How does it work?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Apr 20 14:19:40 EST 1995

 In article <1995Apr19.182404.11700 at emba.uvm.edu>
 kbarthol at moose.uvm.edu (Kirk Bartholomew) writes:

| I've seen a number of advertisments for 33P nucleotides in the
| past few months. Is anybody using this stuff?  Does it work as well as
| 35S.  Post to this news group and I will compile a summary.

There was a flurry of discussion last year about the use of 33-P for
sequencing, if that is what you are interested in. I suggest reading
the review that I wrote [as always]. Is it that nobody knows about the
monthly column that covers these kinds of topics??? Of course, I'd love
to see anything _new_ posted about using 33-P.  I've thought about
posting the list of topics already covered, but I can already hear groans
coming over the net. Okay then, look at my ftp site, or read the FAQ list.

@article{Hengen1994Maytibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Use of {${}^{33}{\mbox{P}}$}:
a safer way to sequence?",
volume = "19",
number = "5",
pages = "227-229",
month = "may",
year = "1994"}

BTW, if you didn't recognize it, {${}^{33}{\mbox{P}}$} means 33-P.