33P How does it work?

Abir Mukherjee abrim at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Apr 20 22:59:49 EST 1995

In article <1995Apr19.182404.11700 at emba.uvm.edu>, kbarthol at moose.uvm.edu
(Kirk Bartholomew) wrote:

>         I've seen a number of advertisments for 33P nucleotides in the
> past few months. Is anybody using this stuff?  Does it work as well as
> 35S.  Post to this news group and I will compile a summary.

I have used 33-P labelled UTP for in situ hybridization and I find it to
work wonders for low abundance messages! That is, it gives just about the
correct sharpness for in situ localization of messages and produces a
stronger signal than 35-S, as a result low abundance messages can also be
visualized.

Abir.