How do I get the 5'-end of my cDNA?

Jitu jjain at utmem1.utmem.edu
Fri Apr 21 14:14:52 EST 1995

In article <01HPLZIYN6GYBIJ65G at MPGARS.DESY.DE>, DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE
wrote:

> Hi Netters -
> 	Is there anybody out there who has done PCR-cloning with the
> help of Clontechs premade 5'-RACE-READY cDNAs? Is this premade stuff suitable
> for obtaining 5'-ends of rare transcripts?
> 	Any other method which gives me the 5'-end of my cDNA (fast and
> reliable and - if possible - cheap!). Any opinions welcome.

Right now as I am writing this post I have a 5' RACE reaction going on.
This is the first time I am doing this procedure and I really dont know how
well it is going to work. I am using a premade kit from Gibco Brl, which
was suggested to me as being very good.It costs about 400 dollars for 10
reactions.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get some results.

Jitendra Jain
jjain at utmem1.utmem.edu