Capillary PCR

Chris cnguan at julian.uwo.ca
Thu Apr 20 14:24:49 EST 1995

Hi all,

Could someone tell me whether it is easier or harder to perform
capillary PCR? I mean, is it difficult to pipette viscous solutions
such as genomic DNA and stuff?  And do the consumables for capillary
PCR cost more or less than the conventional microtube and block
thermocycler?

I was also wondering about the use of "positive displacement tip
reaction vessels", the ones with which you can pipette your solutions
into, heat seal the tip, and put the whole thing into the rapid
cycler.  Is this method widespread yet?  Does it work well?

Thanks!
-chris