recombinant protein purification

Ted Michelini tedm at
Mon Apr 24 22:32:49 EST 1995

In article <3ngu7a$gq0 at>, Andy Kalinski
<akalinsk at> wrote:

> > Hello Netters,
> >
> > Sometimes ago somebody published a method to extract recombinant
protein overproduced in E. coli.
> > The method was based on the observation that the overproduced protein
is preferentially released
> > from the cells after some cycles of freezing/unfreezing. I have lost
the reference. Could
> > somebody help me?
 A method of extraction of recombinant proteins from E.coli by freezing
> and thawing is described in: Johnson, B.H., Hecht, M.H. (1994)
> BIO/TECHNOLOGY 12, 1357-1360
> Andrew Kalinski

They only showed data for proteins up to 28kD, and I suspect that larger
proteins were omitted purposefully; no such thing as a free lunch... if
you appetite's too large!
                                                      Ted M.
                                                      tedm at