Hoefer DyNA Quant 200 Flurorometer

Ted Michelini Tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 24 13:22:29 EST 1995

In article <3nbiog$2kn at falcon.ccs.uwo.ca>, cnguan at julian.uwo.ca () wrote:

> Does anyone have any information regarding this device (good, bad
> experiences, etc)
>
> thanks for any info!
> -chris
>
> -------------------
> cnguan at julian.uwo.ca

  Chris,
   My old lab had a fluorometer from Hoeffer and it was a door stop; no
one wanted to mess with the nasty Hoercht (sp?) dye and calibrate the
thing.  They were/are a BIG time DNA lab and everbody simply used a
microcell in the Beckman spec. It gave good readings for 70-100ul and if
kept clean you could recover your sample safely.  If the NEW Hoeffer is
super easy/sensitive/convenient then disregard my observation. The only
time I contemplated using the old unit was with the capillary option for
VERY dilute and rare samples.
                                                Ted M
                                                tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu