How to improve transcfection efficiency ?

Martin Leach leach at bu.edu
Tue Apr 25 09:11:07 EST 1995

Hi,

the simplest method I found was to decrease the media volume..so that
the concentration of DNA is higher!!
Using glycerol shock and lower culture volumes during transfection..my
promoter activity number jumped 8-10xfold

my promoter is pretty strong so I didn't need to go this high in the
end!

ciao

Martin

....             Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
   _|_______      Dept. of Pharmacology       Phone: (617) 638-5323
   /  o    /      Boston Univ. School of Med. Fax:   (617) 638-4329
 _/   |-  /__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
(TURBODOZER) \_   Boston MA 02118            "Not the old underpants
                  USA                         on your head....WIBBLE
                                             " -BLACKADDER
My home page: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech Company WWW registry: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html