Wanted: reusable gel matrix

Ted Michelini Tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 28 18:37:03 EST 1995

In article <3nkc32$c71$1 at mhade.production.compuserve.com>, John M.
Garrison <74222.3137 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> I am looking for a reusable matrix that will substiture for
> acrylamide.  The object is a separation material which can be
> eltrophoresed, placed in a gel scanner for imaging, returned to
> electrophesis, scanned again, etc.  The more uses which can be
> obtained from each "gel" the better.
> John M. Garrison
> jgarrison at mdyn.com

   AT Biochem has always promoted their Hydrolink Gel as the ultimate
acrylamide type matrix when it comes to mechanical strength. I seem to
remember them stating that the Pharmacia ALF system could reuse the
hydrolink matrix multiple times. I have little experience with their
product except to state that high percentage Urea gels crack much less
when drying with the Hydrolink than with std. acylamide.
                                                     Ted Michelini
                                                     tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu