Oligo-ligation

Martin Leach leach at bu.edu
Fri Apr 28 09:19:01 EST 1995

slawek at ALTIS.CHEM.PG.GDA.PL (Slawek Dabrowski) wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Slawek Dabrowski wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> 	I have problem with ligation an oligonucleotide to DNA fragment
>> with cohesive termini.
>>
>> Does it will be work ?
>>

>>       5'-----------G  5'P------------------------3'
>>                      C---------------------------5'

>>                        | Ligation (T4 DNA ligase in standard buffer)
>>                       \ /
>>
>>       5'--------------G---------------------------3'
>>                       C---------------------------5'

I remember when performing a 5'RACE-like technique called SLIC that RNA
ligase was used. I believe this can ligate oligos onto the end of
DNA...cant remember if the DNA has to be single stranded though..

I believe Pharmacia sells RNA ligase..perhaps they could help you more.

ciao

Martin

....             Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
   _|_______      Dept. of Pharmacology       Phone: (617) 638-5323
   /  o    /      Boston Univ. School of Med. Fax:   (617) 638-4329
 _/   |-  /__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
(TURBODOZER) \_   Boston MA 02118            "Not the old underpants
                  USA                         on your head....WIBBLE
                                             " -BLACKADDER
My home page: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech Company WWW registry: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html