GST fusion protein not cleaved by thrombin

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 28 09:43:10 EST 1995

In article <3nou33$3bv at news.cuny.edu> Rabino at GENECTR.HUNTER.CUNY.EDU (Mauro) writes:

>glutathione beads my fusion protein has the right M.W.,
>autophosphylation activity but I can't cleave it by thrombin at all. I

This is probably obvious, but have you sequenced to make sure the
thrombin cleavage site is intact and wasn't lost, or mutated, in the cloning
process somewhere?  I haven't worked with a wide variety of GST fusions,
but thrombin has always cleaved for me, with no need for any juggling.

Ian

--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627