Purification of GST fusion proteins

I-Jen Huang gr8bn at cc.usu.edu
Sat Apr 29 12:53:06 EST 1995

In article <D7oywH.EoK at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> "R. John Lye" <rjl6n at uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> writes:
>Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
>Subject: Re: Purification of GST fusion proteins
>From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n at uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 11:36:16 GMT
>Sender: usenet at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU

>> Our GST fusion protein (approx. 100 kDa) does not bind to Pharmacia Glutathione Sepa
>> Sepharose under standard conditions.

>Is it soluble or is it going into inclusion bodies?

>cheers,
>John
 I also encountered the same kind of problem of my GST fusion protein,
and I was very sure thta it is soluble (confirmed by immunodetection).
The fusion protein binds to glutarthion-beads (Sigma) in a very low
efficiency manner, and most of the fusion proteins would be washed from
the beads with only on wash.

I-Jen Huang
Gr8bn at cc.usu.edu