Two Hybrid Problem

Colin Rasmussen crasmussen at
Sun Apr 30 21:10:46 EST 1995

DEZWAAN_T at (Todd DeZwaan) wrote:
>In article <hindges-280495162309 at>,
hindges at

>> I am using pGBT9 for producing my protein as a fusion with the GAL4
BD. But
>> I can't detect any fusionprotein in westerns loading about 40ug of
>> extract on the gel. I sequenced of course the construct to proove in
>> cloning. Any suggestions of more experienced user of this system
would be
>> appreciated. Thank you.

Well, to give a shorter answer, I do use the pGBT9 plasmid for my fusion
and we couldn't detect anything either.  We sequenced the plasmid and
everything was fine.  We have gone ahead and used it for two-hybrid
selections and have pulled things out of library screens that would be
expected to interact. A colleague of mine has said that the pGBT9
expresses at lower levels than the original Fields vetors so this might
explain a lack of signal in a Western. Bottom line is it is working.