Recommendations for software to support small sequencing project

Michael Myers myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:56:47 EST 1995

In article <anderson-0108951022050001 at 128.252.181.14>,
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu (Eric C. Anderson) wrote:

stuff deleted...

>i thought i'd add my 2 cents to this thread.  i have gotten demo versions
>of both v 2.0 and v.3.0 of Sequencher and have had excellent results.  the
>price is in fact relatively low when compared with something like
>GeneWorks which this lab currently and hatefully uses.  although i'm not
>sure of it yet, i think that we might just spend our GeneWorks update
>money on buying a copy of Sequencher instead just to have a program that
>doesn't freeze, crash or delete data every other time you use it.

So, we're not the only lab with an un-used copy of GeneWorks sitting on
the hard disk! I get furious when I think about the $ we spent on this
program and the updates. I'm going to exercise some self-control and
refrain from a major diatribe.

--
Michael Myers
The Laboratory of Genetics