Low copy # reporter?

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:22:50 EST 1995

In article <DCn76D.DDs at riker.neoucom.edu>, rjv at uhura.neoucom.edu (Richard
Vernell) wrote:

 >Does any one know of a reporter vector (luciferase, CAT, and/or B-gal)
 >
 >that contains the pBR322 (pMB1) replicon?
>snip<
Hi Richard,

Have you considered the pRS series vectors?  They are pBR322 based operon
and protein fusion vectors with the ability to move them onto the E. coli
chromosome on a lambda prophage.  The reference is: Simons, R.W., Houman,
F. and N. Kleckner. Improved single and multicopy lac-based cloning vectors
for protein and operon fusions. 1987. Gene. 53:85-96.

This system works really well, especially once you get to single copy.

Dr. Simons address (from the Gene paper) is:
Robert Simons
University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Microbiology
5304 Life Sciences
Los Angeles, CA  90024
Office: 	(203)-825-8890

Good Luck, let me know if you have any questions.
Brad

Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.