infor. on PCR machine

bmay ndxdbmay at rrzn.uni-hannover.de
Wed Aug 2 11:38:11 EST 1995

hfang at darwin.mbb.sfu.ca (Hung Fang) wrote:

> Hello there:
> Our lab. is interested in buying a PCR machine. We'd like to buy
>one like Biometra's Trio Thermoblock which one can run three
>different program at the same time. The problem is Biometra's
>machine are quite expensive, we are wondering whether any other
>companies making tri-block or twin-block PCR machine. Any
>information or personal experience on this will be very helpful
>for us and will be very much appreciated.

We are also about buying a thermal cycler, at this moment my
personal favourite is MJ researchs "DNA-engine", because it claims
to cool/heat 3° per second !!! Further more it features two
independent blocks for 0.2 or 0.5ml vials or slides .

On the other hand i have not yet tested it (but I soon will).

if anyone out there has, let me know

Bernhard Mayr
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Dept. Clinical Endocrinology