need some help starting molecular biology

Hans-Georg Klieber klieber at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Wed Aug 2 07:37:37 EST 1995

Our group is about to enter the field of molecular
biology of ion transport systems and we need some
help to get started.

More specifically:
- we need to retrieve published sequence data from
  certain ion channels. Where and how can I do this?

- we need some software (DOS/Windows) to look at the
  sequence information, identify the features, introns,
  exons, cutting sites, etc...

- we are planning to do PCR to demonstrate the expression
  of certain ion channels in our cells, therefore we
  need to locate existing primers and/or need a software
  to design them. Where can I find them?

- any other hints to software, lab protocolls, suppliers etc
  that might be interesting for such work are most welcome

Thank you very much for your help!
Hans-Georg