FLAG epitope - sources and advice

Mike Holloway mike.holloway at stjude.org
Wed Aug 2 21:16:27 EST 1995

In article <3vooil$e67 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, David Clayton <dclayton at uiuc.edu> says:
>1) is there a commercial source for FLAG-epitope related reagents?

IBI has a kit with pFLAG vectors.

>2) Anybody want to offer opinions as to the utility of FLAG, vs. other
>candidates such as His, myc, HA, etc?

Flag works well in my hands for both Westerns and immunofluorescence.

Mike Holloway		    |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
mike.holloway at stjude.org    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
  misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html
or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/