DNA methylation - effect on transfectoma expression

Immune Response imnr at connectnet.com
Wed Aug 2 16:40:26 EST 1995

Hello!

I am wondering what is known about the effect of the amount of methylation in
a transfected plasmid on the resultant expression of its genes in mammalian
cells.

Also, does anyone know about the amount of methylation in plasmid preps from
bacteria harvested in log phase versus stationary (saturated) phase versus
stationary (amplified: eg chloramphenicol)?

Thanks!

Jose E. N. Gonzales
The Immune Response Corporation

Note: if you wish to reply to me directly, please E-mail me at:
JOSEGONZ at IMNR.COM